Tara Jewels Limited is coming out with a 100% book building; initial public offering (IPO) of 79,77,778 equity shares of Rs 10 each in a price band Rs 225-230 per equity share. The issue will open on November 21, 2012 and will close on November 23, 2012.
- Not more than 50% of the issue will be allocated to Qualified Institutional Buyers (QIBs), including 5% to the mutual funds. Further, not less than 15% of the issue will be available for the non-institutional bidders and the remaining 35% for the retail investors.
- The issue opens for subscription on November 21, 2012 and closes on November 23, 2012.
- The shares will be listed on BSE as well as NSE.
- The face value of the share is Rs 10 and is priced 22.50 times of its face value on the lower side and 23.00 times on the higher side.
- Book running lead managers to the issue are Enam Securities and ICICI Securities.
- Compliance Officer for the issue is Amol Raje.
Profile of the company
Tara Jewels is an integrated player in the jewellery industry with experience ranging from designing to retailing of jewellery. It is conferred with the status of a Star Trading House by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India and have been the highest exporter in gems and jewellery sector for the years 2008-2009 and 2009-2010. The company’s business can be divided into three operations namely, manufacturing, exporting and retailing. Its portfolio of products includes gold, platinum, honeydium, pristinium and silver jewellery with or without studded precious and semi-precious stones. The products have presence across different price points and cater to customers across high-end, mid-market and value market segments.
The company has four manufacturing units, of which one is located in Panyu, China. The other three units are located in Mumbai out of which two units are situated in SEEPZ and one in MIDC. For the two months period ended May 31, 2012, Fiscal 2012, 2011 and 2010 the company has achieved an aggregate production of 554.77 kgs, 10,616.40 kgs, 4,753.25 kgs and 2,562.91 kgs of jewellery, respectively. The manufacturing units are spread over an area of 84,584 square feet employing 35 designers and 955 craftsmen, as on September 30, 2012.
It exports studded jewellery which is manufactured by it and by third party manufacturers. The company exports studded jewellery to jewellery chains including Christ Uhrean and Schmuck and retailers including Walmart. Tara Jewels primarily export to Australia, China, Canada, European Union, South Africa, UAE, UK and USA. In the European Union, the company export to 12 countries including Austria, Germany and Switzerland. The company’s income from export operations has grown at a CAGR of 19.77% from Fiscal 2010 to Fiscal 2012. For the two months period ended May 31, 2012, Fiscal 2012, 2011 and 2010, the income from export operations constitutes 78.82%, 80.90%, 80.99% and 97.59% of the company’s total income, respectively.
CARE has assigned an ‘IPO Grade 3’, indicating average fundamentals, to the initial public issue of the company.
Proceeds is being used
- To meet the expenses of establishing retail stores
- For repayment or prepayment of loans; and
- For general corporate purposes
US is the world’s largest market for jewellery followed by China, India and the Middle East and in Europe, the UK and Italy are the largest consumers. (more…)