The style of management in changing situations is influenced by various factors like organization’s culture, value system, personal history of the manager or chance or opportunity.
The style of the manager, nevertheless, impacts the performance of various stakeholders associated with the organization including the manager himself.
What management style do you belong to? Are you driven by results, Are you autocratic or a people man, driven by relationships..
The leadership ~ management grid (Source Blake RR & McCanse, A. A, 1991 ~ Leadership Dilemmas ~ Grid Solutions) classifies the leadership styles into 5 distinct types.
(1) Impoverished Management ~ Very little concern for productivity or people
(2) Country Club Management ~ Very great concern for people but very little for productivity
(3) Authority – Compliance Management ~ Great concern for productivity & very less concern for people
(4) Middle of the Road Management ~ Compromising ~ Medium concern for both productivity and people
(5) Team Management ~ High concern for both people and productivity ~ Considered to be the Ideal Style
What category do you fit in? It’s Worth a look……