Now you can File taxes online using the website : https://incometaxindiaefiling.
1. Register using your PAN. Once you login you can choose the Assessment Year for filing the tax :
2. Use the following ITR forms based on your type/ source of Income.
3. Download the return preparation excel sheet. There is excel utility excel templates which are provided for each type of ITR forms.
4. Use form 16 to fill in the form (4 pages). Click Validate. This will generate the XML File. Now you just need to upload the file using the following form :
5. You will get an email from income tax office. You need to send the signed form to the address mentioned on the file by ordinary post or speed post.
And that’s it… Remember online tax filing is mandatory for Income over 10lacs/Optional for income < 10lacs. You can either sign digitally or send by post.
Ensure that you check Form 26AS for TDS information and verification.
The document : Common_Mistakes which should be avoided when filing taxes online.
Happy Tax filing